PADI Tec 40 CCR Instructors teach the PADI Tec 40 CCR Diver Courses on the specific unit they qualify on.
1) First Steps – becoming a Tec 40 CCR diver and getting the pre-requisite experience:
a) Qualify as a PADI Tec 40 CCR Diver or equivalent on the specific Type T CCR you want to become a Tec 40 CCR Instructor for.
b) Log 100 dives and 100 hours on the specific Type T CCR you aim to become an instructor for.
2) PADI requirements – the PADI professional qualifications and experience you need .
a) Teaching Status PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer or higher
b) PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Instructor
c) PADI Deep Diver Instructor
d) 150 logged dives
4) Medical Requirements:
Current diving medical clearance signed by a physician.
5) Additional requirements for Instructor Crossovers:
Current Tec 40 CCR instructor on the specific unit with a recognised organisation.
6) Contact the manufacturer to make sure you meet any additional manufacturer requirements
7) Course Materials – what do you need to prepare for the program? Note – You should check whether any of these materials will be provided as part of your Instructor Course.
a) Purchase all required diver level materials from your regional PADI sales department:
Tec 40 CCR Diver Manual
TecRec Tec CCR Predive Checklist Slate
b) Have required instructor materials:
Tec 40 CCR Instructor Trainer Guide (provided on PADI EMEA run programs)
Tec 40 CCR Diver Exam (provided on PADI EMEA run programs)
PADI Rebreather/Advanced Rebreather Diver Instructor wet guides
c) Have a copy of all the manufacturers materials:
Manufacturer’s manual and/or other support literature for rebreather used in course
Manufacturer’s checklist (if available)
8) Other requirements – Course Assist. This can be done before or after the instructor course or crossover. Crossover candidates who have taught a course through a recognised organisation may meet this requirement.
Prior to certification as a PADI Tec 40 CCR Instructor, the candidate must assist with
at least one Tec 40 CCR Diver course.
Tec 60 CCR and Tec 100 CCR courses have not yet been released but qualifying to these levels will follow a similar route. Instructors will need to become Tec 40 CCR Instructors first and then gain additional diving and teaching experience between levels.
Instructors who meet the requirements to attend a Tec 40 CCR Instructor Crossover and also have certifications and experience at equivalent levels to Tec 60 and 100 CCR Instructor will be able to crossover at these levels during some PADI Launch Programs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Part Two – How to become a TecRec CCR Instructor Trainer – coming soon